I am a hardware/software design engineer working for the Department of Defense. I am also an adjunct instructor and teach innovation design methods at the National Cryptologic School. During the 2017-2018 school year, I will be serving as a Distinguished Visiting Professor in the Department of Cyber and Computer Sciences at the United States Air Force Academy.
My research interests are in Human-Computer Interaction and include mobile computing, biosignal processing and augmented reality. I am the founder and committee chair of Black Women in Computing, an online community created to increase the number of black women in computing-related fields. I’ve been an instructor for Girls Who Code and I frequently implement and participate in various educational outreach and enrichment programs focused on engaging underrepresented groups in computing.
- B.A. in Computer Science, The Ohio State University
- B.A. in Art, The Ohio State University
- M.S. in Software Engineering, University of Houston, CL
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Texas A&M University
- Graduate Certificate in Film Studies, Texas A&M University
If you have questions about my research, coding workshops, and/or computing organizations, please contact me at danielle[at]daniellecummings.com.